Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tuesday July 20th Visiting Greeley Iown

Drove over to the town, or what is left of the town of Greeley. This is where I was born and lived until I was 5 years old. Lots of the Beohm's are buried in the cemetery there. My Grandparents are the top head stone and my Great Grandparents are below. My Great Grandparents came from Germany in the early 1870's. We drove by the farm where my Grandfather lived and my Dad was born, and also by the house my Mother lived in.
We ate lunch at the senion center in town and one lady there went to school with my parents. The statute of the horse was put there by Anheuser Bush in memory of the Brady boys who drove the Budwieser Teams for 40 years. They were born in Greeley and attended school with my parents.
Yvonne had to pick some corn from one of the corn fields outside of town. This was field corn not sweet corn. The diffence between sweek corn and field corn was explained to us by a local farmer.


































No comments:

Post a Comment